APPLIED MICROBIAL GENETICS
Part of the Basic Microbiology Course (PM401)
for the Undergraduate Clinical Pharmacy Program (Spring Semester – 2015)
First lecture quiz
Test your Molecular Biology knowledge:
- Do cells in your tongue and lung have the same genes?
- Do cells in your toes and nose have the same proteins?
- How many letters exist in the human genetic code?
- How many codons exist in the human genetic code?
- Is it possible to transform a protein into a gene?
IMPORTANT! Practical Exam Content. (Uploaded 3 May 2015) NEW!
Videos to watch:
- DNA Replication:
(Note that each video is good to show some but not all concepts. No single video is able to deliver the entire picture of what happens in the cell).
- Gene Expression:
- DNA techniques:
28 APRIL PRESENTATIONS
5 MAY PRESENTATION
- 28 April Assignment
- Go to YouTube (http://youtube.com) or DNATube (http://www.dnatube.com/) or any other video server you like (e.g., Vimeo)
- Pick a good video on any concept you learned in this part of the course:
- DNA processes
- Gene regulation
- PCR (today’s lecture)
- Email it to me (pharma.cu email -- find my full email in lecture to avoid spam) with: Subject: PM401-April28 Assignment (No title = No see!)
- 5 May Assignment